Monday, July 13, 2009

Vegas with Grandma

We had one last fun day planned with Grandma before She had to go home. We took her to the Venetian to experience some of the fun sites there. Our first stop was to the wax museum. I had never been here but always wanted to go. The characters are so life-like. I even got to play with Brad Pitts hair :0. The girls had a lot fun posing with the characters and I'm sure you'll see more of their pics pop up on their facebook or the website Brianna has set up (sorry, don't know how to get to it)



I think we gave Grandma the ultimate "Vegas" experience. She gambled (lost her whole $3.00 to the slot machines), had a drink at a bar (had smoothies at the bar at the Rainforest Cafe before our show - KA), got married (to George Clooney - turns out he likes older women), and auditioned to be a showgirl. I'm sure she is thinking that her life is complete now!


Here I am with my heart-throb - TIM MCGRAW! He is coming to Vegas in October but I can't bring myself to go alone. Mike doesn't want to go and I don't want to waste the money on the girls because they aren't crazy about country. Anyone want to come down and join me?????






This picture is for my dad. My dad enjoys a good John Wayne movie whenever he can.

My grandma loves to shop. And while we couldn't afford even a shoelace here in the Canal Shops, it's fun to wander around, enjoy the window displays, and pretend you are in Italy. Brianna was in heaven with all the shoes and bags there. I enjoy watching the "statues" move very slowly. There was also this huge waterfall in the middle of the mall with tons of umbrellas hanging from the ceiling.

Our last adventure for the day was to take a gondala ride. I figure it's the closest thing I'll ever to get to Italy. Our driver sang to us almost the whole time in Italian. We didn't even mind all the folks galking at us as we passed through the shopes. We hated to see our fun afternoon end. On our way out, Grandma treated us all to a scoop of Gellato (?sp). It was very refreshing.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

If you need a date--I'm in!! Don't know any of his songs, but sounds like fun. :)