Thursday, July 9, 2009

My birthday present

I never meantioned a couple great b-day gifts I received. Mike got me a new camera because my old one wouldn't charge anymore. I LOVE the camera, except the batteries (which aren't cheap) only last a couple of days. Very frustrating considering how much I love to take pics. But I didn't keep the receipt or the box it came in, so we don't know what we are going to do about it. I guess for now I keep buying batteries. Perhaps i should buy rechargable ones instead???

But the other thing I received was from my mom. She made this "armour of God" wall hanging for me. I finally got it hung today and it looks great. I saw it in Deseret book a couple years ago. My sister and i were going to get ambitious and make it to hang in our boys room. I even helped her pick out fabrics for it. Then I moved to MA leaving the project to her. She even started it, but then had a baby. So my mom (who got tired of looking at all the pieces taking up space in her sewing room) decided to finish them for us. Thanks mom! It looks great on my wall. I didn't hang it in the boys room though, I put it in a more common room. We all need to reminded to put on our armour!

No comments: