Sunday, August 10, 2008

Perfect day

Ever since we visited the lighthouse point beach in Connecticut with my parents, I have been anxious to get back there. The weather has not been very cooperative around here. I've never seen so much rain in my life. It has rained almost everyday for the last couple of weeks, and I don't mean just sprinkling, it's a thunder storm and pouring rain shower. I happened to have Saturday off and the weather looked like it would cooperate so we packed up the kids and headed down to the beach. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. The weather was in the 80's with a light breeze. Mason and Brianna actually got all the way into the ocean and I enjoyed watching them play together. Chelsea enjoyed sitting on the beach next to her daddy and reading while soaking up the sun. Cord and I wandered the shoreline as he picked up rocks, shells, sand, or seaweed and threw it into the water. Cord also loves chasing the birds and dipping his toes into the waves. He doesn't like to get his whole body wet though. He just likes to splash.
We had a picnic lunch at the park at the beach and then set up shop on the sand.

Mike enjoyed just sitting in his chair and reading. He had been telling me that he was starting to feel claustrophobic with all the trees around here so he enjoyed the big open horizon of the ocean.
There is also a splash pad right there on the beach that the kids enjoyed. The water here was much warmer than the ocean was.
There also was this carousel ride right along the beach. Cord didn't even scream on the horsey this time (he didn't like the ride at Busch Gardens) but he did get upset every time I tried to hold onto him so he wouldn't fall. We all enjoyed being together and relaxing. I can feel the summer coming to an end as the days get cooler. We have been able to turn off the A/C and just open the windows with a fan. I know you folks in Utah are getting ready to start school. We still have 3 weeks of summer. We have a swim pass to the local outdoor pools and hope that the rain will stay away for a little while so we can get some swimming in before we have to think about school again.

1 comment:

Linz said...

Yea! I love the beach!! What a great day!