This week Mason was able to attend a week long cub scout day camp at the Moses Scout Reserve. It was held monday - friday from 9-4. They got to participate in so many fun activities such as fishing, archery, BB gun shooting, swimming, crafts (tie dye t-shirts, treasure chests, etc) , cub scout activities (color guard, compass, knots, fires, etc), sports and games, and nature. He had so much fun and couldn't stop talking about the day when we picked him up. I was able to be a parent volunteer on tuesday and enjoyed my day with "Momma and Mason". Friday ended with a family BBQ where we got to eat together and then watch the cubs put on a little skit and have awards. The only draw back of the camp was that it was 45 min away. So that meant about 2 hours each morning and afternoon to get him there and then back home. Even though the drive got really old, it was well worth it and I hope we can do it again next year.


Mason was able to get a bulls eye the day I was there with him. He as so excited. I was surprised how quickly they caught onto archery. He was able to earn a beltloop for this and the other activities down below.

I think this was his favorite part. He has decided that he wants a BB gun for Christmas, but I dont know where he would shoot it around here. The day I was there he got 3 bulls eye, dead center. Another day he got an award for being a sharp shooter, where they have to get 5 shots in the black center.

Whenever he was fishing, he was thinking of Jacob Davies. I think the only time he was fishing previously was when Scott took them before they moved. These little fish were tricky and kept finding ways to eat the worms without getting caught. But Mason was able to catch a little fish on a day I wasn't there. He had to grab it, unhook it and put it back in. He thought that was gross. On the other side of this lake is where they would go swimming. Each day he would come smelling ............ well like a boy who has had a lot of fun outside :)
No comments:
Post a Comment