Monday, August 25, 2008

Mason Scout vs Spy

On friday our cub scout troup had a family campout out in the middle of the wilderness. By that I mean it was on a ward members ranch property so there were no bathrooms and we had to walk 1/2 mile from where we could park to get there. We opted not to sleep over for several reasons. 1) Ever since getting spoiled with the camper, there's nothing I can say or do to get Mike to sleep in a tent. 2) We did find the tent but it's been so long since we used it we don't even know if it works. 3) There was no way I was going to hike around for a bush to go potty in. 4) No body would get any sleep, especially Cord. 5) I had volunteered to drive the youth to the beach the next morning and we had to leave by 8:00 am. 6) There were a TON of bugs out there, even with bug spray caked on we all came away with several bites

But we did have a good time being with the scouts. We were there for dinner, the flag ceremony, the awards, and smores by the fire. We have some great scout leaders who make sure the boys have a good experience. Mason earned quite a few belt loops because of the camp he went to plus some stuff we did on our own (archery, bb gun, fishing, swimming, soccer, map & compass & computer).


The next day he decided he was going to be a super spy. You can see in the top picture all of his spy equipment. In the bottom pic he has all his gear on his body somewhere. I am always surprised about how creative he can be.


1 comment:

Sleepless In St. George said...

Cam is so lonely without Mason on our street....wish they could be playing this together! Miss you!