Today we loaded up the van and headed down the freeway with the new Jonas Brothers CD blasting on the radio. We were headed to the "
Scenter of the Universe", the Yankee Candle company. Everyone we have met have told us we need to go there, so we did. It was an amazing, huge candle store that we wandered through for over 2 hours. They call themselves the
Disneyland of candles with several different themed rooms to explore.


This was the black forest where it snows every 4 minutes. There are several
Christmas trees and the biggest Christmas village you have ever seen. (you know those little villages that people put out at
Christmas time.) We loved looking at all the little houses, each one with their own little surprises.

Is it to early for Christmas? You know there are only 126 days until
Christmas according to the
Christmas countdown clock. This
Santa is there in his workshop reading all the letters that kids write to him. It's so early that Mason didn't even know what to ask for.

Here are my royal children in the castle. There was a waterfall and several knights around the room that was completely filled with nutcrackers.

There was a complete toy store (reminded me of
FAO Schwartz) inside along with the biggest stuffed animals I have ever scene. The kids kept telling me we should re-do Cord's room like a
safari with all these animals. Yeah right - does anyone have a couple thousand dollars to blow on stuffed animals?
I let the kids pick their own little candle which turned out to be a very difficult decision. How many candles can you smell before they all start smelling the same? Chelsea picked a Mango Peach Salsa, Brianna chose a Cherry Lemonade, and Mason picked Vanilla Cupcake. I came home with a pumpkin pie spice and have been burning it in my kitchen since we got home. It reminds me of fall which is fitting since the weather is cooling down here. I love to leave my windows open so the cool breeze can blow through. I have even started seeing some color on the trees. I can't wait for my first New England
Autumn.
2 comments:
I am jealous of all these fun little adventures you are taking, and the cool stuff you are seeing. I hope the kids know how lucky they are !!!
who knew that a candle shop could be so cool....so much to do in the east!
Post a Comment