Saturday, August 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Chelsea, "Mom, would you take me down to Barnes and Nobel at 10:00 pm because they are having a party for the release of Breaking Dawn?"

Mom, "I don't know Chels, I have only had 4 hours of sleep and I have a monster headache."

C: Please?

M: Let me think about it.......................................... OK, fine. But just for a little while to see what's going on.

We had pre-ordered the book for Chelsea on Amazon which we later found out wouldn't be here until the 8th. We went down just to let her feel a part of the excitement since she has been counting down all summer for this book. At the store there was a "Midnight Prom" where we found ourselves seriously underdressed. Most of the teenagers there were wearing their prom dresses or were dressed up in vampire goth attire. They were having a trivia contest where two people could race to answer a question. I tried to get Chelsea to participate, but she was content to just sit by and whisper all the answers to me. Brianna went with us because she was board. She just wandered around looking at books and came home with a list of books she wants to save her money for.

C: Can we please stay until midnight and buy the book? I just can't wait?

M: I'm not staying until midnight, I'm so tired. We'll leave in a few minutes.

30 min later...

M: If we did happen to stay, I signed you up and you are number 134 in line.

30 min later....

M: If we did stay, you would have to clean my whole kitchen.

30 min later...

M: I wonder if they have any cheap treats in their starbucks?

So we ended up enjoying some hot chocolate and monster cupcakes while the costume contest was going on.
I guess we stayed until midnight. So much for being consistent. I couldn't help but to let her enjoy being around others who were as crazy for this book as she was. They even had this crazy countdown to 12:01 like it was new years or something. She was excited to tell you people back home that she got her book 2 hours before you did. We thought about texting Lindsay to see what crazy party she was at and kept imagining her in her "I love Edward" shirt. As soon as we got home I fell into bed. It's now 10:10 am and she is still unresponsive. I wonder how far she got in her book last night? All I can say is she better not be cranky!!!!

2 comments:

Linz said...

:) Actually, my shirt said "Superman wears Edward Cullen Pajamas" and I went with Valerie Hart to B&N too! It was fun!! Happy reading!

Shari Kay said...

All I want to know is did your whole kitchen get cleaned? As always your life exhausts even me!!