Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer in Forest Park

I have decided that this is officially my most favorite place in Springfield. Mike took off early from work today and we went to Forest Park. It's a large park close to where we live. There is the most peaceful, laid back feeling there. There is a large duck pond, a rose garden, a small zoo, a pool and splash pad, and did I meantion that it's HUGE. I can't wait to see all these trees in the fall. We had a picnic near the rose garden then went into the zoo. I was surprised at how many animals they had there, plus they were pretty active. I guess that's what animals do when it's not 100 degrees outside. After the zoo we let the kids play on the large playground while we just sat and enjoyed the nice weather. Mike did say, "days like this almost make enduring the winter worth it." I thought I'd document it so that at the end of February when we are so sick of being cold, I could refer back to this day and what he said. We had a lot of fun being together.

Kids in the rose garden
If you look closely you can see the spotted leopard.
Nice big playground to let the kids get their energy out.
Chelsea enjoying her book, still very much a daddy's girl.

No comments: