Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yet again...more sand

The ward young women and men had their big splash activity at the Misquamicut beach in Rhode Island. I volunteered to be a driver because I LOVE hanging at the beach. Brianna turns 12 in a couple of months so they let her come along. The first thing I had to do was find Rhode Island on the map. Now I know where it is :)

This beach actually had much bigger waves than the last beach and the water was nice. The kids spent most of the day just riding the waves. They had a few boogie boards to share so it was as close to surfing as my kids will get. Chelsea enjoyed being with her friends Dausha and Mercedes.

The only time Brianna came out of the water was for lunch. She is quite wrinkled and a little bit sunburned. She really got into riding the waves. I don't think we could have ever spent enough time there for her. She got to bond with her Beehive friends as well. Since she is the oldest in primary now, she is itching to get to young women.
The boys didn't think it was fair that we got to go have all the fun, so Daddy took them for a drive to the top of Mount Holyoke. This was a great view of the valley for them. Mike is itching to see more of the horizon than just trees and the boys came back with chocolate ice cream on their shirt. So I guess everyone is happy!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey Jalyn, I wish it were only 80 degrees here--this summer is lasting forever!! I like your new blog settings--Love ya, Melissa