Monday, August 25, 2008

Correction

I know I reported on Saturday that Brianna got "a little sunburned" at the beach. I stand corrected. She got FRIED! I can't post pictures because they could be used against me for child abuse. She was so excited to get into the water at the beach that I didn't even think about sunscreen until it was time to go home. I know she is old enough to remember to do this herself, but I take some responsibility as her parent. When she got out of the shower we noticed that her face was lobster red as well as her back and shoulders. Last night she noticed blisters forming on her nose, checks, and upper lip. With school starting next Monday, we sure hope this calms down fast. We are putting aloe vera and lavender oil on it to see if it will help the healing and hoping Motrin will help with the pain.

Chelsea also got burned but not as bad. I did remember to put sunscreen on Chelsea, but she refused. She stated that it doesn't work on her so she wasn't going to bother to put it on. She put it on when we went to bear lake but got burned anyway. That's because we didn't reapply after a couple of hours. But she is also miserable. Both girls have been lying on the couch in their pj's, feeling sorry for themselves, and hoping nobody will touch them.

Let's hope we have all learned our lesson!!!

1 comment:

Sleepless In St. George said...

poor things.....lets hope the shallow (as Easton calls aloe) works...don't feel bad, I forgot to reapply on Easton on Saturday....and they were out in the sun from noon until 7....you know during the hours you're suppose to NOT be in the sun!