Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Friday

Today both Mason and Chelsea had exciting field trips scheduled. That's one thing I really like about this school district, lots of cool field trips. Mason's class went to the Big E. They didn't get to ride the rides, but they did get to go through all the State Houses and see the animals. Chelsea's 8th grade went to Boston to explore the Freedom Trail. I think they both had fun, but it could have been better if it had not been pouring rain all day. I sent them both with umbrellas and sack lunches. I asked Chelsea to take her camera so I could blog some of her experiences. When she got home she said, "Mom, I couldn't take pictures because it was raining all day, and because I left my camera in my bedroom."

I love Fridays because there isn't any homework. During the week as soon as we get home from school we have to start right away working on homework. Thank goodness the girls are pretty self motivated. Occasionally Brianna needs my help, but for the most part she gets it all done without me prompting her (YEAH!!) Chelsea has been that way for quite a while. Mason, on the other hand, needs a lot of attention. I can't leave his side or he gets distracted and won't do anything. So usually our evenings are pretty busy doing homework for a couple hours, fixing dinner, then I get ready for work. It can get pretty intense when they are all 3 sitting at the table asking me questions. When you are thinking about having kids, that's not something you think about. My mom did warn me that if I had kids, I would have to be prepared to read to them, but she didn't say anything about doing homework with them all at once. But today I have time to sit and look at my People Magazine and BLOG.

Another reason to love Fridays - I have a HOT date tonight! It's been a while since we have been out. When I work 3 in a row we don't even see each other. He is usually gone when I get home in the morning (he has to be at work at 8) then I have to leave for work before he gets home. On the days I don't work he takes the opportunity to get caught up on his reading at the library until it closes. I'm going to kidnap him from the library tonight so we can go to dinner and catch up.

On a sad side note: Elder Overson (the shorter blond) got transferred on Thursday :( We were all so sad. He was so much fun to be around. He always made me laugh when he would run up to our door or play with Cord. I wish I had a little sister who was 20 and single so I could set them up and he could be part of our family.

No comments: