On Saturday the girls and I headed to Boston to see the temple. We had a Stake Primary activity for Brianna. I also took Chelsea & Dausha with us so they could do some baptisms for the dead. It was very peaceful just to be on the temple grounds even though it was raining off and on.

The girls got to meet in a room in the basement and heard from a member of the temple presidency about the importance of temples. Then we walked over to the temple presidents house for breakfast. The president and his wife visited with the girls and told them the story of how the Boston Temple came to be built. It was a fun opportunity. While we were doing that, Chelsea and Dausha wandered around the temple grounds.


Inside the temple doors is a waiting room. Brianna sat there and read while I took the other girls to do baptisms. The group that we were supposed to tag onto canceled so we had to wait 1 1/2 hours for the next group. We grabbed some sandwiches from the cafeteria and went outside to all eat together and then went back inside. I was feeling all sorry for us because we had to drive 1 1/2 hr to get to the temple when I got visiting with the youth in the next group. They were from Maine and were excited that they only had to travel 4 hours to get to the temple. In years past they have had to drive to Washington DC which is another 6 hours from Boston. WOW, that's committment. It helped me put things in perspective. I was happy that I only had to drive 90 minutes back home. I also really enjoyed the drive because you can see the bright colors of fall peaking out in the trees. The bright reds, yellows, and oranges are amazing to me. I'll take some pictures when fall is at it's peak and share them with you.

Chelsea & Lianne were the only girls from our ward who went.

We learned that they have a "temple hawk" who likes to perch on top of the angel Moroni. The temple president even had some pictures that he shared with the girls. I guess he is like their mascot.
No comments:
Post a Comment