Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School (finally)

It's with mixed emotions that the kids got ready to head off to school this morning. There was both excitement and anxiety. Mason started 4th grade at a new elementary. We knew who his teacher was but we had no idea where classroom was or how things work at Center. Even though he doesn't know anyone there, I'm not too worried about him, he makes friends easily. Brianna started 6th grade at Williams middle school. Luckily most of the kids she went to school with last year will also be at her school and she has at least 1 friend in her classroom. We also didn't know where her classroom was or how they come in. She didn't want me to get out of the car and help her find it. I guess that would be to embarrassing (when did she get old enough for parent involvement to be "embarrassing"?) Chelsea is not excited to be starting 8th grade at the same middle school. I don't remember middle school being so difficult, but it's been an "interesting" experience for her here. Luckily she does have 1 good friend, but they are not in the same homeroom class. She doesn't even know her schedule yet. They meet at their homeroom and that's where they get their schedules. She still isn't sure about continuing on with Orchestra. We'll see how she feels at the end of the week.

On a good note, they all got up without a problem and got their new clothes on, hair curled, packed lunches, and made sure all their supplies were in their backpacks. I was able to drop off Chelsea and Brianna at their school (I was a good mom and didn't even get out of the car, take pictures, or kiss them good-bye). I drove Mason over to his school where we parked and walked over to the playground where everyone was gathering. Instead of going straight to their classrooms, they just looked for their sign and lined up with their class. I introduced him to his teacher and then he was off making new friends with the kids in his class. Hopefully they will all have a good report for me when I pick them up.

So now it's just momma and Cord time. I'm not quite sure what to do with a quiet house. We ran errands this morning and now I get to clean the house. Maybe I'll even work on my scrapbook room. I don't really have an excuse not to scrap now.
This is Williams Middle School where both the girls are attending.
Center Elementary is actually in 2 buildings with a walkway between them. It's pretty old but updated inside. While we were walking the bells on the top were ringing. It felt very "New England".

3 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

oh....this REALLY makes me wish you were here.....with all the kids in school except the 2 babies we could spend lots of time scrapbooking and trading off babies to have alone time! Days like to today make me miss you even more then usual. Hey there is a house in the neighborhood for sale...should I ask them to wait 600 days to see it to you guys? (the house that was added onto next to the madsens)

Colby & Brenda said...

I can hardly wait for next year when Seth is gone all day-(yeah, this year just started-long time to go) Right now Ryan and I have only the mornings to ourselves, so I do treasure that time too. I need to scrapbook again, it's been a LONG TIME.. guess I have a hard time getting into it when my scrapbooking buddy is on the other side of the country!! take pictures and blog them when you get your room up and going!

Colby & Brenda said...

p.s. still love the hair!