Now I guess that doesn't sound too terrible, but what does it really mean?
1) I get to leave an extra 20 minutes early so I can make sure I get a spot and catch a bus that will get me there on time (that cuts into my family dinner time). It also means I don't get home until after 8:00 so hopefully the kids are ready for school because we have to leave the house at 8:15.
2) It will be even more fun when it starts snowing and it will take me an extra 1/2 hour to dig my car out of the snow before I can even leave work.
3) The parking lot is right next to a Meth clinic and a women's prison. I can't leave anything of value in the car and I try to park to a nice car so that if a thief is looking to break into something, my little mini van won't be so appealing.
4) The other day I was walking up to the CICU and couldn't remember if I had locked my car or not. It wasn't like I could hurry and run back to the parking lot and check. So I had to get my patients squared away, got someone to watch them for me, got back on the bus to go to the lot, my car wasn't locked (good thing I checked) so I locked it and got back on the bus, then got to work. What a pain!!
Now I do have to give some credit to the hospital. They do make sure there are a lot of buses running around shift changes and the drivers are super friendly. One even offered to drive me anywhere I wanted to go but I don't think he was expecting me to say UTAH.
1 comment:
Sounds like work is SO MUCH FUN. No fair, we don't get to ride Da Bus!!! It bet that is hard. It was great to see ya the other day. Hope all is going well. Love the blog, such cute kids.
Post a Comment