
I'm so glad we had planned to be here for a week. But today we didn't have anything planned. While the kids slept in, I got up and went for a walk with my mom on the beach. We were looking for sand dollars. We found a bunch of broken ones, and I was lucky to find 1 complete one. A quiet walk on the beach was a great start. We all decided to kind of do our own thing. I asked the kids what they had really enjoyed and would like to do more of. They all voted to go back to Seaside. It was about an hour and 30 min away. I enjoy driving along the coast and seeing the beautiful views. Once we got to Seaside the kids wanted to do the rides again. This time Brianna was with us (last time she was busy shopping in a candy store with Kennedy). Just as much fun this time as yesterday. I thought the drive was worth it just to get another corndog (they were that good). In seaside they have an aquarium where they have seals you can feed. The seals must have been full because they just laid there as the kids threw fish at them. Brianna even had one land on it's belly but it just stared at her. The aquarium was nothing compared to the one we had been to in Newport, but they had this octopus that was cool. He was in a big pool that you could look down into. He was interesting (and ugly) to watch as he moved around his pool. Chelsea and Cord made some fun rubbings. After the aquarium the boys and I hit the beach while the girls did some more shopping. Mason tried to fly his kite again and built sand castles. Cord actually got into the water (he didn't care that it was cold). He kept chasing the waves and laughing. I stood there and enjoyed the moment of having fun with the kids. I just love being on the beach. As the day went on, we discovered that everyone had kind of ended up in Seaside as they were doing their own thing. We ended up all being together on the beach at the end of the day. I noted that even given the choice to be apart from each other we still chose to end up together. I guess that says something.
1 comment:
We spent a short time in Seaside when we drove the coast. No kids, but had a great time being with adults in the family!!
Post a Comment