Friday, July 27, 2012

Family vacation - day 1 - Knotts Berry Farm

Day one of our famiily summer vacation was spent going to Knotts Berry Farm.  But first we had rented a house for the weekend at Big Bear in California.  We drove there thursday night and then headed to Knotts early friday morning (about 2 hrs away).  The kids were really excited.  Mason had been there before with his school and Chelsea just really wanted to see Snoopy.  She kept saying she was in "heaven".  Mike and I had the "divide and conquer" attitude.  He would take the older kids on a roller coaster while I took Cord on the kiddy rides, then we'd trade.  It worked out really well so that everyone had a good time.  We made sure everyone got to ride what they wanted to.  Cord was really brave and loved the kid roller coaster.  Mason was also really brave, going on a lot of the big roller coasters.  Brianna went on a lot of the rides that nobody was brave enough for (including me) with her dad.  Chelsea was excited to see snoopy everywhere and enjoyed her time shopping in the gift stores.  We stayed there all day and then headed back to the cabin at the end of the day.  Here's my picture overload from our adventures of the first day. 


Instead of bunk beds - we had bunk brothers.


Our view of the California valley as we left the mountain and headed to Knotts. 








 \\
Daddy can finally text and drive without getting in trouble :)





Chelsea and Mike went to the ice show that featured the Snoopy gang with professional ice skaters.  She loved it.  I think Mike "rested his eyes" while the other kids and I rode more rides. 













We had to get some funnel cakes, which we ended up calling "dinner"  So Yummy! 




One of the older kids favorite rides. 








1 comment:

Colby & Brenda said...

Your family vacation looks like the perfect spot! I have never been to Knotts Berry Farm. (someday)... but I love the mountains with the water- what a great combination. I'm so glad you all had a good time! Looks like a nice place to focus on the family and relax a bit...one of these days we'll get a relaxing vacation too...