After working 18 years of the night shift because that worked well for our family even if it meant I was not getting the sleep I needed, I now have the opportunity to go to a day shift. This will now be what I wake up to instead of catching the tail end of the sunrise. I should be super happy because it's something I've been asking my boss for for over a year and half. I had to wait until I knew that Cord could get into all day kindergarten and that I can carpool with the kids as needed. Chelsea will get out before Cord and can help pick him up. Masn still has a bus to take him and bring him home. The biggest challenge is Brianna - getting her to and from school and over to dance. Mike and I will have take turns driving her to school but don't know how she's getting home or to dance yet. I 'm praying that the Lord will continue to guide us in the right decision as he has been so involved in the little tender mercies that have brought us to this point. I hope and pray that day shift will be better for the family. I'll be home every night and not sleep deprived all the time. I hope it makes me a better momma with more patience. I hope there's enough of me to go around and that the quality of time given is better. I'm nervous about day shift because there is a lot of DRAMA going on with the nursing staff. I need to get me some scrubs that anounce that I am neutral and will not take sides. I just want to go to work, take good care of my patients, be a good team player to everyone, and not get caught up in the back biting. My exit strategy is that if it's really bad, hopefully they'll let me go back to nights where I know my team has my back!!
Pray for me! I'm hoping I get the different routine down, how to deal with all the doctors and administration that are always present. I hope I find a place into their culture but not get sucked up into the bad, gossip, and tear people apart down part of the day shift. I also hope I can keep my sunday shifts at a minimim so I can go to church with my family.
Terrorism Won, Get Over It
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment