Sunday, February 12, 2012

Surgery

I get 6 weeks off of work. WOOHOO! It's to recover from surgery. I've known for a year that I needed to do some repairs to my bladder. After having a hysterectomy 4 years ago, my bladder has been falling down into that open space. My doctor told me I needed 6 weeks off so it's taken me a year to save up that much PTO. I was schedule on January 20th but had to reschedule because I got sick. It's been a scheduling nightmare since then, even having to change the hospital from my hospital (san martin) to Southern Hills. Friday the 10th I went in for an Anterior and Posterior repair. I had to stay overnight in the hospital. I must say, it hurt far more than I was prepared for. The first time I got up in a chair, I almost passed out(those cursed Alldredge genes that haunt me). So it's been a little rocky. I had to come home with my catheter (which will come out on tuesday). I can't lift more than 5 pounds for 2 weeks and they tell me I'm not supposed to drive for 2 weeks which will be difficult to comply with. I'm glad to be home with my kids. I'm happy to be able to sleep at night, every night for 6 weeks. I'm grateful for my family who is taking good care of me. When I came out of surgery, my husband had several mazagines there for me to look at during my stay. And he brought me dinner that night. I've been blessed by several kind people in our ward who are providing meals and support. I have much to be thankful for!

No comments: