It's been a year since we moved into our home. A lot has been going on since then. We've been living in a construction zone for the last 6 months as Mike has been doing some pretty awesome renovations. It's hard to be patient, living in dust, but as we are starting to see results it becomes exciting. I'll be sharing some of the projects we've been doing but if you want to see more details, you should check out his blog (listed on the side of mine). He's been working hard and because he is so handy, has saved us a lot of money.
Here's one of the before pictures. He started by replacing all of the floors on the bottom floor. He ripped out the blue/gray carpet and weird tile in the kitchen and replaced it with wood flooring. He also put wood in Chelsea's room.
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Here's some more pics of the flooring transformation:
In the middle of all that, he was also tearing up and reconstruction the fireplace. This has probably been the biggest headache for him, but I must say, it's totally awesome. We still aren't done, but I'm so glad that it is once again functional and looks so nice.
Mike, and his handyman skills, worked hard to find just the right details to construct this wains coating on this entry wall. He kept showing me different wood, but I couldn't tell the difference. This frustrated him because "I'm a woman and should care about the details". I told him just to "go for it" and this is what he came up with. :)
We told Chelsea that she could do whatever she wanted in her room. We would paint whatever colors she wanted. We wanted her to be happy with her space and enjoy it until she went to college. Turned out pretty cool.
And....here's the latest project. He's working on the wall around the front window. Stay tuned to see how it all turns out (warning: it may be awhile!)
Terrorism Won, Get Over It
13 years ago


















No comments:
Post a Comment