Tuesday, February 21, 2012

4 Wheeling

It was a beautiful day to be hanging out with family. My parents suggested we go out 4 wheeling. I was nervous about this considering my recent surgery, but it turned out OK. My dad set up a cool "anti-gravity" chair for me to hang out in while the kids had fun with their cousins. It also worked out that Jake, Chelsea's boyfriend (gulp), was able to join us for the fun. He was headed back to Vegas from Brianhead. We had now entered a new phase in family fun - the first grandchild to invite a boyfriend. It was fun to have him join us and he made a good impression on the family. As Chelsea and Jake headed out on the 4-wheeler, I threatened to send Uncle Eric (ie, Bishop) out to find them. Or I informed them that Grandpa was also equally qualified to find 2 lost lovers. Everyone had a good time either digging in the sand, going for a ride, playing games on the trailer, or just soaking up the warm Dixie air. This time we also dug a pit and made smores.

Cord is captain of the hill! 



What a cute couple!  She said she was "cold"  Whatever!  Like I've never used that excuse before.



Game time!

Since I couldn't ride, Cord decided that it was OK for Brianna to give him a ride.
She must be a good driver.


Zoom in and see Jake's face.  He was a little concerned to let Chelsea behind the wheel.


Do I sense a challenge happening?  Girls vs Boys.


A rare fun sister moment.



Cord and Rebekah found a cool hideout.  They were the "good guys" looking out for the bad guys.  They are also covered in red dirt and tend to dump a bunch of it out of their shoes into the car.



It's rare to have both my brothers at a family activity.  It was fun to talk to them and catch up.  And I had to take advantage and make it a picture moment.  All we are missing is Maria!





Proof that I'm chilling, taking it easy, kicking back (doctors orders).


That's my son, reading instead of riding.




My inventor son decided to stick the chocolate bar INSIDE the marshmellow before roasting it.  That way the chocolate melts inside.  Very cool.




Cord says, "Look Mom!  I'm driving"




A big thanks to my dad for making this a fun day.  It's a lot of work to load and unload the 4 wheelers.  He also cooks the hotdogs and took time off work to make it happen.  But the family time together is priceless. 


No comments: