Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dinner with friends

Brenda kept talking about driving down with her husband, Colby, to have dinner with us. I couldn't believe that they would drive down just for dinner, but we welcomed the opportunity to go out with some friends. Because of all of our crazy schedules, we had to plan this 2 months in advance and then I requested this weekend off to make it happen. They brought their kids down with them and let them hang out at our house. Mason was in heaven to have someone to play wii with and Brianna enjoyed spending some time with Megan. We went to Bucca di Beppo, an Italian place that Mike and I hadn't been to before. The food was really good but the company was even better. Mike made the comment that it was good we were having such a good time talking so that we didn't notice how lowsy the service was. We didn't mind being there for hours, time seemed to fly quickly. I did feel bad as they left the house after midnight knowing that they had two hours to drive with tired kids. We truly appreciate the effort they made to spend the evening with us. I hope there will be more nights out. There are a lot of places to explore here in Vegas. And maybe after the end of July Mike will even be able to come up to St. George with me and we can go out on their "turf".

1 comment:

Colby & Brenda said...

Kids were all asleep before we hit the freeway... but with the rain it turned into a 3 hour ride- got home at 3:30 a.m. Was well worth it though... we had tons of fun!! Can't wait to do it again-- on whoever's turf..