Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trick or Treat



With Halloween on a Sunday this year, things are kind of mixed up with the celebrations. We found a fun block party to take the kids trick or treating today instead. Chelsea started by giving Chester a bath so he would look extra cute in his costume. hehehe. We had the annual pose by the door - minus Brianna. I have to be OK with the fact that the older girls are not into the Halloween thing as much as the boys. Brianna was hanging with her girls who slept over to watch the spooky movies called "gremlins or Goonies". At least they were scary to me when I was their age. I guess the movies are so old now they could be classified as "stupid". We then got in the car to go pick up Mason's best friend - Nick so he could hang out with us and headed to the party. They had all kinds of trick or treating and fun games such as mini golf, paint ball shoot, bob for apples (I don't think any of my kids were brave enough for that), and a costume contest that we were just too late to get Cord into. I'm sure he would have won. He is so adorable as his tigger. He ran around saying "trick or treat" and "Happy Halloween". He has really gotten into the holiday this year. Chelsea was in charge of Chester in his super cute (and I'm sure very first) costume. His tail was wagging back and forth so quick which looked a little freaky in the outfit. While Chelsea was sitting there with him, a lady came up with a treat for Chester - a hot dog. What more could you ask for. Chester was really good with all the kids around and I was so happy that he didn't even poop in his costume. There weren't many kids there so they all went around twice. There was also free popcorn, tropical smoothy's, hot dogs, and games. Cord got all his energy out in the bounce house. His costume was sweaty by the time I peeled it off of him. This fun afternoon helps us observe the sabbath and lets the kids have fun experiencing Halloween.












No comments: