Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Forget sweet, I'm super 16"


I can't believe that my beautiful, talented, fabulous daughter is now 16. When did this happen? She has been looking forward to this date FOREVER. In fact, now that it is here, she isn't sure what she should do. She hasn't considered that life continues after your 16th birthday. hehe. We celebrated her big day on saturday. She invited her friends over for a formal dinner with a menu picked by her. I spent all day making rolls and home-made Cordon Blu. We got out the china and fancy dinnerware. Chelsea set up the table herself and it looked great. We hired a fabulous waiter (daddy) who dressed up for the occasion to serve the 3 course meal. She picked out a tasty pumpkin spice cake from "Nothing Bunt Cakes" to celebrate. It looked great with 16 candles. After dinner the girls got crazy with the wii game "Just Dance". Then we headed to the park to play some night games. The weather was so nice outside and I didn't have to worry about them being loud and silly. They ended up having more fun playing on the swings. Apparently big girls like playing at the park just as much as they did when they were little.








She is growing up so fast. Daddy and I are freaking out a little thinking about the whole dating thing. She is doing great with the driving and almost has all her hours. She just needs about 1 more hour of night driving. She has to wait one more month to get her license.

No comments: