
I don't think you can call yourself a true "las vegan" until you have seen one of the "Magic shows" that play on the strip. Tonight we had scored some great seats to see Penn & Teller at the Rio. I guess you would call them magicians, but there was also a comedy aspect to their show that we weren't expecting. The show was amazing and funny. You just didn't even see the trick coming. Penn (the tall, dark haired one) is the one who talks through the whole show while Teller (the short one) is more of a mime. We did discover after the show that he does talk (which I always had wondered). Some of their acts were strangely political which Mike thought was hilarious. At one point they were panning the audience with a video camera and zoomed in on Chelsea so she was on broadcast onto the big screen. I'm sure it was because she was one of the prettiest girl in the audience :)
One of their newest tricks is an escape trick. Teller is placed in a big black plastic bag which is then filled with helium and sealed by an audience member. For the escape the audience are blinded by a bright light for a second and when they are able to see again Teller has escaped from the bag and Penn is holding the bag, still full of helium, above his head which he then lets float to the ceiling. Most of the night, I was just sitting there with my jaw open. After some of the tricks they showed us how they did it - cool! We stuck around after the show to get our picture taken with them. What nice guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment