That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger
Friday, October 29, 2010
Scout hike to Arizona Hot Springs
I decided to join Mason and his scout troup on a 6 mile hike to some hot springs this morning (3.2 miles each way). Now I'm not in the best shape but hoped I would be OK. Mason also hates hiking but I "encouraged" him to take this opportunity with the reward of an ice cold slushie afterwards. We got slightly off course (OK, really lost) on the way down. By the time we got there we had already hiked 6.7 miles. It was really beautiful by the colorado river and then onto the hot springs. We had to climb a 20 ft ladder to get to 3 different hot spring pools. Unfortunately we didn't get to spend a lot of time in the pools because we were soooo off on our time schedule. We began the LONG trek back and ended up traveling 10 miles round trip. It's interesting to see the pictures to see the evolution of loosing clothes along the way and to see how excited they are onthe way down and exhausted on the way back. I was really proud of Mason though, he really didn't complain. He just kept on trucking along. And I was excited that we weren't the last ones out WOOHOO! I'm really feeling the muscle soreness set in as we speak. We were supposed to be home by 1:00 and didn't get home until after 4:00. I'm sure I'll pay for this trip later. I did enjoy my time with my son though :)
No comments:
Post a Comment