We bought this van in October 2005 and I have loved, loved, loved it. It has been very good to me and is part of a lot of our family memories. I love these family stickers even though some people think it's a little cheesy. But it has been across the country twice and on so many trips which has added up to over 130,000 miles. The transmission is giving us a lot of problems and we didn't think it was even safe to take up to St. George anymore. After much deliberation about whether to fix her up or trade her in, my wonderful husband came home yesterday with this......
I fell in love with this 2010 Honda Odyssey on Saturday and Mike went in on Monday to work the deal. He actually came home with it after I left for work. At this point, the kids know more about all the features and cool buttons and have logged more time in the van than I have. Chelsea even got to drive it before I did. But that's OK. We look forward to making more family memories in the new van. It has the new car smell and only has 76 miles on it (at least by the time I got to it this AM). But now I'm totally paranoid to drive it anywhere, having nightmares that I'll crash it or get it dinged/ scratched/ dented, etc. My old van had so many character lines that I didn't worry about it. I'll have to park really far away for awhile and I pray I'm not the first one to ding it up!
(Brenda - I even drove a couple Suburbans and they weren't as bad as I thought. We found one we all liked, but then we drove over to the Honda dealer and it was all over. This van had my name all over it.)
2 comments:
wow... I love a new car. The new car smell is awesome! It looks like a beautiful van--does it have the built in car seats? That's the one thing I still (after 2 years) miss about my van. But, we shall outgrow carseats soon, so maybe I'll get over it ;0(
glad you found something you love. (I'd be scared to let a teen drive it though...maybe find her a piece of junk..ha.ha.ha.)
Yeah! Does that mean you are coming to visit now?
Post a Comment