Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Want some more???

Shelley S. would be so proud :) We have been working with Cord on his sign language skills. He has finally got down "more" and occasionally will sign "finished". The poor kid has been so sick the last few days. He has a runny nose, is wheezing with difficult breathing (dyspnea), is rubbing his ears, and threw up last night. He just looks pitiful and had a pretty miserable night. I stayed home from my orientation classes this morning to take care of him and Mike skipped his afternoon class to come home and take care of him so I didn't miss all my orientation. It drives me crazy to not have insurance (not effective until April 1st) or to have a doctor to call. I spent the morning trying to get a doctor lined up and appointments made for the first of April. The thing that scares me is that 1 year ago this week, he was in the hospital for 6 days with RSV (the same symptoms that he has now). Luckily he seems to be feeling better tonight.

PS. It's snowing pretty hard right now. The kids are hoping for another snow day tomorrow. Maybe we can build another snowman and not delete the pictures this time. It's was freezing cold today. I'm looking forward to spring.

1 comment:

Sleepless In St. George said...

Tried posting the other day...but it didn't take. Love that Cord is signing...and he is doing such a great job! I am so proud. I just wish he were here so I could teach him a lot more! Next teach him milk and bath!