Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines Day



We got another massive snow storm last night and then it was supposed to turn to freezing rain today, so school was cancelled and we experienced another "snow day". Luckily this time we still kept our power. But because it rained all day, it wasn't as much fun for the kids and that means no snowman :( The yard is covered with snow that is saturated with water and it looks like a lake. I'm sure that by tomorrow it will be a sheet of ice. I was kind of glad that school was cancelled because that meant my orientation was cancelled. Cord had a bad night last night and had a hard time breathing. Mike held him all night to make sure he was breathing OK and I got to stay home with him all day. Today he isn't wheezing as badly and we hope he will sleep OK tonight.

So we kept busy making valentine cookies. Do you think we made enough? I couldn't have a valentines without my mom's sugar cookies so I decided that I would have to make my own. This tradition actually started with my grandma Alldredge I think because I remember that she always had sugar cookies in her freezer. Anytime we went over to visit she would pull them out for us. I was lucky enough to find my heart shaped cookie cutter in the boxes but looked for about an hour for my rolling pin. I finally gave up and went to the hardware store in the pouring rain to buy the cheapest rolling pin they have. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon making cookies and trying to keep Cord happy. So we don't get extremely fat, I had the kids arrange cookies on plates to hand out to a few of the neighbors for valentines day.

No comments: