Saturday, March 17, 2012

Top of the Morning to you!

This is our 3rd St. Paddy's day in Henderson and we've never been to the big parade down water street.  This year I got Brianna and Cord to agree to go with me this year.  Even though it got cold (down into the 50's from the nice 70's we've been having), we had a good time and got our green on.



The horn was cute, and I thought it was a good idea at first, but after 1 1/2 hrs of him blowing it, I was ready to "loose" it big time. 


Brianna had a great idea for Cord's hat, he turned it upside down to catch all the candy thrown from the floats.  It was perfect. 

Cord ran right out for a chance to pet the little horse.



BAD IDEA - do not ever buy your kids a cute horn for a parade!


There were lots of doggies in the parade.  Cord loved it when they would walk down the side of the road and he could pet them. 

 



We got to meet St. Patrick.


We loved the bagpipe bands.  Super Cool!



Nothing says "Happy St. Patricks Day" like..... a band of Star Wars characters. 
Some parts of the parade were a little strange. 





Cord gives St. Patrick a High 5!



After the parade, Brianna and Mike headed to the car show.  She's totally a car girl and it was a good daddy-daughter bonding time.  There were also lots of the cars in the parade, I think she took pictures of every single one.  I'm sure there was a lot of "grunting" as they checked out the cars and engines.


My favorite part of the day, threatening to pinch my kids.  I found this cute shirt for Mason which he put on first thing in the morning.  Mike always says "I'm a McKelleb, I have green in my blood".  Doesn't work for me.  I still like to pinch!


I'm lucky to have these adorable boys!


No comments: