We had arranged to do a temple trip with the Relief Society sisters and do baptisms and take some sister who had not been through the temple before. We found out last Wednesday that if we had been through the temple before, we had to bring our own family names. We started to panic a little. But I decided to get onto family search and see if I could find any family names that needed work done. All the work on both of my parents side has been done, but there was nothing entered for Mike's family. We are lucky in the fact that Mike's sister, Cindy, has done a lot of geneology and researched out the family lines for several generations. She has all the birth, death, and marriage dates on a website she created with my father-in-law. It is a goldmine. With Cindy's help, we spent 2 days entering in the family names into the family search site and before I knew it I had 33 females and 31 male names that needed temple work done. I have gotten so excited at the thought of being able to do work for family. After talking with my in-laws I had permission to do both of Mike's grandma's, great-grandma's, etc. We went to the temple this morning and were baptised for 23 females in his family. It's such a great feeling. The kids are going to do baptisms next week and I'll have them take the rest of the names with them. Then the rest of the work will begin. My sister-in-law said she's going to help me.
I have learned some interesting things about the McKelleb family this week. This picture is of Mike's father's parents.

The unique McKelleb name has not been found elsewhere on the planet. It mysteriously appears with the birth of William McKelleb in 1787, 1788, or 1789, of unknown parents, and continued with one male each generation to carry on the family name, until the current generation. Today there are five McKelleb males under the age of 17 to propagate the McKelleb line - the name will survive! Known descendants currently live in Arizona, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, Utah, and the UK.
Our first listing of the Harmon family begins in Ireland in 1767 with the birth of Robert Harmon, who married and settled in Fleming County, Kentucky, where the Harmon line continues to this day. Descendants are known to be living in Arizona, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, Utah, and the UK.
No comments:
Post a Comment