Last January I made the mistake of meantioning to Mike that I thought our washer was going to give out anytime. I mean, we have had it for 14 years and it has been really good to us. The very next load that Mike did, the poor washer refused to spin. We discovered that the only way it would go through the whole cycle was if you washed on the gentle cycle. But we were in the process of buying a house and couldn't afford a new one. And so we have been washing on the gentle cycle ever since. And of course it was all my fault because I said it out loud and offended the laundry gods.
Anyway, the time has come (promted by a rumor of a global price increase on washers and dryers coming soon) for us to bite the bullet and get a new set. At first I was only getting a new washer because the dryer I bought off Craigslist 2 years ago is still functioning well. But I fell in love with the top loading, HUGE 5.2 cu ft washer. I can do at least 2 loads in one which means that all the clothes I washed wouldn't fit in the dryer. Thus we were "forced" to get the matching dryer. :) I love that it cuts my laundry time in half. There are a lot of fun buttons to play with and we have all found ourselves watching the laundry because it's so fascinating. There is no aggitator in the middle and it uses less water so I'm sure I'll be responsible for saving the earth with my little sacrifice. :) Plus it spins the clothes so dry that the dryer uses less electricity to dry them. If only I could find something to fold and put the laundry away for me then I'd be set.
I was a little nervous as they were bringing it in that it might not fit into the tiny laundry room but we are OK. I like my house, but struggle with how small the laundry room is. I need to write on the walls "Attitude of Grattitude" to remind me how lucky that I have a place to do laundry no matter the size. I don't have to go to a laundrymat and i don't have to handwash my clothes in a stream. I love doing laundry (for the time being) and I love the smell of my towels finally being clean. I am blessed.
1 comment:
Oh my, I need these. We are going to have to buy a new set when we move to UT and I want these. I must go repent now.
Post a Comment