I worked Saturday night so I slept all morning of Mother's day. When I woke up to go to Relief Society the house was spotless (my favorite thing EVER) and a beautiful vase of fresh cut flowers were waiting for me on the counter. I was able to enjoy a very nice Relief Society even though I was super tired. We had some great speakers that really made us feel special (not guilty for all the things that we are NOT). We also had cheesecake which is my favorite desert. After a nice dinner, then a nap, we chilled out as a family watching a movie with our traditional popcorn and orange julius. Since I usually work on Sundays it's been awhile since we have been able to watch a movie together.
I have very thoughtful children and I'm so blessed to be their mother. On Monday Chelsea borrowed my car and brought me back a treat to take to work. She gave me a little cinnamon cake from "Nothing Bundt Cakes". She said that I deserved something more than just a clean house and knew how much I loved that cake. Brianna gave me a beautiful homemade card that said some wonderful things inside. While I was sleeping Mason helped Cord clean up their room (no small feat). And Cord made me this very fashionable necklace in school. He was so proud of it. I'm the luckiest mom in the world :)
Michael gave me my gift a couple weeks early because he wanted me to enjoy it while the weather was so nice. I love sitting outside in the evening, enjoying the cool sweet air that smells like honeysuckle and roses, while reading a book (even if it's a book for Mason's homework). It's very relaxing and I LOVE it. He is so thoughtful.
No comments:
Post a Comment