Sunday, May 22, 2011

Get your GLEEK on




We love the music of Glee (even though the shows have been questionable this season and we have to watch with our finger on the "skip" button) and were so excited to hear of their tour which kicked off in Vegas tonight. My husband said that if we didn't go that he was afraid we would spontaneously explode so we bought our tickets the day they went on sale and have been looking forward to this night for almost 3 months. We were not disappointed. They sang a lot of our favorite songs and there were a lot of special effects. All of the original cast were there and we were excited that they sounded as good in person as they did on the show. It was also fun to see them playing their instruments and dancing. Before the show started, several Cheerios were in the crowd handing out barf bags because according to Sue Sylvester, the show was so bad that we'd need them. Even "The Warblers" were there singing our favorite songs. Each cast member had a chance to sing a solo. I enjoyed seeing Kurt dancing to Single Ladies. So funny! And Artie did his own dance out of his wheelchair during his "dream". My only complaint was that it seemed that it was over as soon as it started. Then it took forever to get out of the parking lot. So we just listened to more Glee songs. It was like our own private encore. haha.

There was a TON of people there. I was surprised that there were so many "old" people there. I loved seeing a lady older than me wearing a Cheerios outfit. I saw older men decked out in their Glee t-shirts. And there was a lady in front of us who stood up and was dancing that made me laugh. If my kids ever think that something I do embarrasses them, I'll remind them of the dancing "old" lady. I could never be that bad. It was fun to be there with thousands of other Gleeks. I couldn't take any pictures because they wouldn't even let me take my camera into the arena. I had to take it out to the car. So I just sat back and enjoyed the evening. It will make a good memory.





1 comment:

Heather said...

I too love Glee but I had to stop watching just out of principle. The morals just went down the tubes. I would have loved the concert.