Sunday, August 9, 2009

The sunny beach


Even though I don't enjoy getting in the water or getting wet, I love the beach. I love the sounds and sights of the waves. I love letting the water get my feet and the feeling of the cold wet sand between my toes. Cord however did not enjoy any part of the water. He did think it was funny when it got MY feet, as long as I was holding him high above the water. Mason and Brianna stayed in the water for hours riding on the boards. Chelsea's idea of enjoying the beach was taking pictures (I wonder where she got that from) and sitting under the umbrella reading (Twilight of course). I thought it was a nice relaxing day - so did half of San Diego (it was very busy there because it was a weekend). Even though I did remember to put on sun screen, I still got burned on my shoulders. Cord's nose and cheeks got a little red as well. Silly boy wouldn't keep his hat on. Cord and Rhylan did spend a lot of time digging and building castles. Or maybe they had more fun destroying the castle. I'm not sure.
















Cord did enjoy "surfing" on the board, as long as it was on the sand and not anywhere close to the water.


No comments: