Sunday, May 17, 2009

You just never know what he'll say

On Saturday we decided we all needed haircuts. I'm usually pretty impulsive about this which makes it hard for me to make an appointment at a nice salon. We usually just hit a great clips where you can just walk it. They had so many hair stylists there that each of us (me, Chelsea, Bri, and Mason) were able to sit in different chairs and get our cuts at the same time. Those of you who know Mason, know that it's easy to hear his sweet high pitched voice. I could hear him chatting constantly, but I couldn't really hear what he was saying. At one point I heard his stylist laughing and repeating what he just said and I just thought "Oh no he didn't!" He had just repeated his favorite joke. Without warning he just asks, "Are there holes in your underwear?" This is usually followed by a shocked stare by the unsuspecting stranger. Then they answer, "No". To which Mason then asks, "Then how do you get your legs through?"

There was nothing I could do as I sat there getting my hair cut. After Mason was done they came over to get the mom inspection. I told the stylist that I was sorry for anything that she had to sit through and I was afraid of what he may have been telling her. I guess he repeated some story about when he threw up and described what he had eaten prior, and there was another story about trying to catch the chicken pox. He must have been 3 or 4 when that happened, why would he decide to tell that story now? I guess it just goes to prove that you just never know what will come out of his mouth and that makes life interesting!

No comments: