I'd like to share with you why I think I should receive the "mother of the year" award this year.
Mason has been off-track for the last 4 weeks (including 1 week for spring break). Most of the time has been pretty boring for him because I'm either working or sleeping. I was pretty excited to send him back to school on Monday and I was hoping he would like something to do besides sit around in his pj's and watch tv or play video games. As we were heading to school (almost late as usual) I was informing him that he will have the same class and teacher but the classroom will be different. We were excited as we pulled up to the playground just before they locked the gate. All the classes line up outside and wait for their teacher to take them in. There was only 1 class left on the playground (but it wasn't his) so he just followed them in. I watched him get into the school and was pretty confident he would find the room he was supposed to be in. He isn't shy when it comes to asking questions. Excited to have a little "me" time, I headed off to the gym. Just as I got there, the school called my cell phone. "Mrs. McKelleb? We have your son here, but he doesn't go back on track until Thursday. Will you please come pick him up in the office?" CRAP! Why would they start on a Thursday? I've already done my time. Can't they just keep him? (just kidding). Luckily Mike was home watching Cord and studying for his last final so I begged him to go pick up our son so I could work out. I guess we'll have a couple more days together. I'll have to think of something fun to make up for abandoning him at the school.
On another note, I was making Mason clean up his messy room when he made a really good argument. He has some drawers full of toys that were scattered all over the room. He said, "Mom, it's not fair that I should have to clean up my room just because a CORD-nado hit it!" I guess that's the downfalls of sharing a room with your baby brother. I laughed..... but still made him clean it up.
Terrorism Won, Get Over It
13 years ago
4 comments:
Thanks for the laugh. That is a good one.
That's too funny!! At least he DID ask questions instead of just following classes around! Love it!
And he get the smartie pants award for the CORD-nato comment! Awesome!
hearing things like this makes me feel "normal"... thanks! (we are normal, right?)
Now I don't feel so bad, my favorite time of day is 11:45 when Collin gets on the bus for preschool. I love him, but he is a lot a work. Good for you working out!!!
Post a Comment