
Chelsea didn't want to go, but I made her attend her school's 8th grade graduation. I'll admit that it's not as cool because she has only been there 3 months and doesn't really know anyone. It's not like she even had a chance at getting any of the outstanding student awards, but everyone went through the commencement and they read your name off. It was long. It was boring. But it wasn't in alphabetical order so she got to sit by the couple of friends that she did have. Then she got the "diploma". It's hard to read here but it says,
"This certifies that as of June 4, 2009, you will have satisfactorily completed the course of study for the promotion to the ninth grade as prescribed by the Clark County School District. You will receive your actual diploma after the successful completion of your core curricular classes and your final exams." Or in Chelsea's words,
"Here's a piece of paper to make your parents happy. If you don't fail your finals then you will get to go on to 9th grade. Congratulations."
It's not really a graduation blog without a group shot of a bunch of people sitting in a gym and you know your person is in there somewhere but you can't get close enough to get a good shot.

To reward her good behavior for sitting through the program, we got to go out for custard afterwards. Here's the few minutes that I was waiting all night for. Of course they didn't say her name right (even though she gave them a card with it spelled out phonetically) and unfortuately, she inherited my genes for grace, that I inherited from my mother. Watch the clip and you'll see what I mean.
2 comments:
Congrats Chelsea!! And you are totally graceful!=D
Hi guys!
You all look great! Looks like you've settled in just fine! Your blog looks great (as usual!)
Take care...
Post a Comment