Friday, January 7, 2011

Home sweet home


Even though it was not our intention to raise our family in Vegas, it looks like we will be here for awhile. Since Michael and I both have good jobs here and the kids like their schools, we decided that it was time to go ahead and buy a home. It's not as easy as you would think. After looking at a lot of homes, I had to give up on the idea of having a big backyard like we did in Ivins (they just don't build houses like that here). And they also don't build homes with alot of storage space. We were blessed to find a home in our ward and made an offer on it the week it was listed. It should close mid february and we'll begin moving in and making it our own. The girls are excited to finally be able to paint their rooms. I'm excited to be calling this our last move for awhile and to be able to get rid of all the empty boxes we've been keeping for the last 3 years. It will be good to be settled. These are the pictures that were on the brochure. The first thing I'll do is to get rid of the lace curtains and repaint the wall behind the white built in shelves. So this is our grand project as we enter 2011.




3 comments:

Colby & Brenda said...

This looks like an amazing home! I am jealous about the pool having water... although you can't go ice skating like we can! The home is beautiful! I can hardly wait to see it!

Ackerman/Mejias Family said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! That's exciting! By the way, your pool is AMAZING. Makes ours look like the little plastic pools they sell in Walmart... ;)

The EZ Life said...

Beautiful new home - I'm so excited that you are going to be settled for a while! Congratulations