Saturday, September 4, 2010

Operation - escape the heat wave

The weatherman have predicted a "heat wave" today with temps reaching 107 deg. I don't see what the big deal is. We have been that hot all summer. But I guess it's because it's unusual to be that hot in September. After this weekend we'll hit the low 90's. So we packed up the family and headed back up to Mount Charleston. We went from 97 deg down to 79 and even hit some 60's on our way home this evening. It felt really nice up there. We packed a picnic and loaded some games, but forgot to get Cord's jacket into the car. That's why he's wearing daddy's sweatshirt. Brianna brought along her friend Emma who is spending the weekend with us while her parents are out of town. Mason invited his Friend Nicholas so we had a full car. We played lawn darts, bocce ball, helped Cord play t-ball, and played a little catch. Bri and Emma explored the area and Emma almost got stuck in the tree she was climbing. Chelsea preferred to kick back and read while she was relaxing We saw some wildlife in the trees around us (I think it was a wolf but there's some debate about that.) When it started getting dark we headed home. I asked Cord if he had fun and he said "I like it". I guess that means yes. This counts as our Labor day activities since I have to work sun and mon. Bummer because Mike actually has his first paid holiday off as a lawyer. We could have headed up to St. George or something. But this was a nice second choice.















For the first time ever, we had to let Cord go Pee outside on a "tree potty" (a hole in the ground by a tree) I've always tried to prevent this cuz I didn't want him peeing outside in the backyard because we had just taught him to do it in the wild. He had to go a couple times while we were out there. Then he found this cute tree stump that was hollow in the middle like a little seat. He kept sitting in it and saying "I go poop in this potty?" NO. Luckily he made it til we got home.






We stayed as long as we could but when the sun went down we had to head back down to. It was a nice evening. The kids even got along at least 95 percent of the time :)

1 comment:

k said...

no rain there i see.