Friday, September 24, 2010

The Bikers

CrossVegas kicks off this week and we were lucky enough to host a few riders from the Hudz-Subaru cycling team on tues and wed nights. CrossVegas is a local cyclocross event. My understanding of cyclocross is that it's a cross between road biking and mountain biking. There are almost 200 racers in town to compete. The team set up shop in our garage and before we knew it the place was transformed into biking heaven for Mike. At one point I walked out and was greeted by a ton of wheels everywhere. I'm sure they were expensive but I really don't know the difference. I just saw Mike drooling quite a bit.

We had strangers in and out of our house for two days but they were all super nice. It was interesting to talk to them, learn about the work they are doing, and about their families. Wed morning I woke up to find someone sleeping outside in my backyard. Both girls gave up their rooms for the cause. Brianna set up shop in our closet and Chelsea inherited Mike's half of the bed since it was his idea to host the team. Cord loved to sneak off into the garage to be a "helper". He also loved talking to all of our new friends. He made interesting conversations with them such as "you have flowers on your leg" (commenting about one of the girl's tatoos)

In trade, Mike got a couple of VIP tickets to the event. He took Chelsea and she took pictures. She said they had a great time. At one point in the race they have to hop off their bikes and run up some stairs. Wierd.













Sue was one of the team members who stayed with us. She ended up taking 5th overall in the womens competition.

No comments: