Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My baby goes to school :(


After jumping through hoops for a couple months, Cord finally got accepted into the preschool program at the schools so they can help him with his speech. He had his first day on monday. He looked so cute with his little backpack. At first he wasn't so sure about the whole thing but as soon as his teacher came and took his class away, he was happy as could be and had a great first day. He'll get to go Monday through Thursday from 12:50-3:20. We are excited for this (free) opportunity, but right now I'm unsure of how this thing is going to work because it messes up the time I have to sleep in the morning after work.


After his first day of school he was EXHAUSTED! He fell asleep on the way home. I tried to carry him in the house to sleep on the couch but he cried and ran away. I found him later on the stairs. He is in the "i don't want to take a nap but my body still needs one" phase of life. With school in the afternoon he doesn't have much of a choice.

One nice benefit of the child find preschool is that a bus will pick him up and drop him off each day. He was so excited for the bus today. As soon as it pulled up he ran outside with his little backpack. You can tell by the smile on his face how excited he is to be a "big kid".


3 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

What a big kid! And I LOVE free preschool! Miss U!

Angela said...

He is sooo cute! I totally agree with naps. I still try to get Karson to take one now and then.

Colby & Brenda said...

That's awesome that they pick him up and drop him off too... at least you have one less child to play taxi for. He is getting big.