To celebrate Chelsea's 18th birthday, we had planned a weekend trip down to San Diego. She brought her best friend, Jen, down there with us to celebrate (post of the billion pictures they took to follow). We drove all day with visions of sand between our toes. As we got closer, we saw a lot of dark clouds covering the city and was a little bummed. But we dropped our suitcases at Maria's house, put on our swimsuits and headed down to the beach. We found that it was actually a really good day to be there. Because it's off season there are not a lot of people on the beach and the water was even warm. The boys enjoyed digging in the sand and the girls took a lot of pictures. I wished I had spent more time sitting there, visiting with my sister but the kids were getting hungry so we had to pack up and leave. I always regret not spending more time at the beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment