Friday, May 25, 2012

Guitar Awards concert

This is Chelsea's 3rd year in guitar and we love hearing the group play.  I've been bugging her all year that I wanted to see a solo this year.  She takes lessons from her teacher and I wanted to see some results.  She's been avoiding the discussion lately and tonight I found out why.  She wanted to surprise me with a solo during the concert.  She also called my parents a couple weeks ago and invited them down to see her (without telling me).  Imagine my surprise when I show up to the concert and see my parents (from St. George) sitting there saving me a seat!!  Great night!  I know it meant so much to Chelsea to have them there and I love visiting with my parents.  I had called my mom today and had a long "catch up" conversation and she didn't let on at all.  Now I understand why Chelsea's room is suddenly clean and Mike (who also knew) had the kids cleaning up the house last night.  She pulled off a great surprise, silly girl!





After the concert Mr Nishimoto gave out the awards. Chelsea got a participation award, she lettered again this year, and she was voted "most improved" by her class. She has worked hard and we are grateful for her teacher who is so encouraging.


 We are also grateful for the friends who came to support her on this night,
Jake and her friend Katrina.


Can you see how much Chelsea loves her grandparents?  They have a special bond.  It really meant a lot to her that they traveled down just for her.  It was fun to visit with them tonight and we look forward to grandma's famous scones in the morning!!!


They brought Ethan with them so Mason got surprised with a cousin sleepover.  It is interesting that both boys got glasses within a month of each other for similar problems.  Don't they look smart??

No comments: