Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

This is what my tree looked like this morning. Now I swear those chairs were not there when I went to bed. I guess Santa did come during the night. I was really surprised. Cord was so excited to get to his red, lightening Mcqueen car that he spied from upstairs.


I had joked with the kids that we should wait until after church to open our presents. Mason was actually OK with it. (big shocker for me). He said, "Then we'll get to be excited all morning". Brianna was actually not Ok with it because she knew that there were some fabulous shoes under the tree and she wanted to wear them to church. Chelsea also had a beautiful dress as a gift for her so we went ahead and opened the gifts. It was a great morning of chaos.






Chester was right in the middle of the chaos. He must have been on the good puppy list because there were some new toys in his stocking.


Mike had mentioned awhile ago how cool it would be to have an antique typewriter to display in his office. He would type up some document and have it inside. I've been watching craigslist and checking out antique shops until I found this really cool one. I never am able to surprise him with something cool like this so I was really excited. He's always been the one to surprise me with something cool.


Cord received his one main wish of a powerwheels car. What Santa forgot to tell us was that the battery needs to charge for 18 hours. So he had to wait until 6 pm to drive his car but that didn't stop him from playing in it. Cord also received a udraw for the wii, several ds and leapster games as well as art supplies. He was one cool looking kid.


Chelsea's main gift is not ready yet. She wanted more than anything to have a letterman jacket for her guitar letter. It's ordered and we are hoping that she'll have it in time for school to start again. Stay tuned for more pics. But she did receive lots of books, CD's and snoopy stuff. While looking for the typewriter we found a really cool dress at an antique shop, however it was too big. We decided to go ahead and buy it then have it altered. It had a zipper down the side and a difficult lining so we had to pay someone professional to do it. It looks like it was made just for her.

Brianna received a camera and kindle fire to store all her songs. She received lots of cool clothes (not picked out by me - oohh gross) and her fabulous nude color shoes. She also received lots of books and some antique perfume bottles. Chelsea gave her a really cool mirror to set on her dresser to display the perfume. (another antique store find).


Mason never did write his letter to Santa so I told him all he should expect to receive is socks and underwear :). He kept hoping for an ipad but lets get real - if I don't have an ipad neither can he. While looking at all the mini tablets out there, we decided that for what he needs it for maybe we should just get him a laptop (which is what he really wanted but didn't dare ask for). Now it really stinks to have a birthday 4 days after Christmas, and we have never done this, but to justify a laptop it would have to count for birthday and Christmas. After we explained and he opened, it was a deal he could live with. He also got several games, books, and a toy crossbow from his sister Brianna.

After church I began to make our Christmas dinner. Chicken Cordon Bleu is super delicious but hard to make so I only do it once a year (unless we happen to be in St. George, then I let my mom make it). It was worth it though and we had a really nice dinner as a family. Mason said (as he was munching on his chicken nuggets) "We should have dinners like this more often". Why should I slave all day on dinner for him not to eat it???? He meant with the china, candles, and sparkling apple cider.

It was a great day. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!

No comments: