
Chelsea and I just had a wonderful weekend in St. George with my mom and sister, Amber. We went to Time Out for Women. This is Chelsea and I's 3rd event. We love the speakers and the singers. It's fun to be together as women and to have our spirit renewed. This year we fell in love (again) with Hillary Weeks. Not only is she a beautiful singer, but super funny as well.

Friday night there were some boxes of "clickers" that people were buying up like they were going out of style. I sat and watched the frenzy but for the life of me, couldn't figure out why so many people HAD to have these clickers. I even asked a staff member what it was all about, she didn't know either. I decided it was a wierd UTAH thing. Later than night I was still so curious, that I googled TOFW and clickers. That's when I discovered it had to do with a "clicker experiement" that Hillary Weeks was going to talk about on saturday. But by the time we had it figured out, they were all gone. We kept looking for them on saturday but they never showed up. Bummer. Oh, well.

We also really enjoyed Jenny Oaks Baker who was the preformer friday night. She is amazing on the violin. I asked Chelsea if she ever regretted quitting the violin. She said no, because she really loves playing the guitar. She feels that her training on the violin and her piano experience, have all helped her as she works hard to prefect her preformances on the guitar. She's glad that she had that experience and where it has lead her now.
Chelsea loves the books that Jason Wright has written. We took a moment to meet and talk to him. He then autographed a copy of his new book to Chelsea. She was excited (but will have to wait til Christmas to read it).

I enjoy sharing this experience with my mom and my amazing sister, Amber. I also enjoy alone time with Chelsea. Our spirits were recharged and we laughed. It was a great "time out".



We had a lunch break at Pizza Factory. Couldn't resist taking this cute picture of Chelsea there.
1 comment:
Last Oct., just after my mom passed away, I was given a ticket to Time Out for Women in Las Vegas and it was amazing. I loved every minute of it. Good for you guys. Good girl bonding time.
Post a Comment