Friday, October 14, 2011

Chelsea turns the big 17

Chelsea turned 17 yesterday! WooHoo! She said to me that she didn't want anything for her birthday......except for maybe a car. She's so sweet. I told her not to get her hopes up. I brought her a bunch of cupcakes during lunch yesterday for her to share. Then that night she gets to pick anywhere she wants to go out to eat. She chose to go Cafe Rio and then over to Nielson's Custard for dessert. It was super yummy.


Tonight she planned a party with her friends. She invited her friends to go to see the premier of Footloose and then they went to a park and had some pizza and cake. I got her a sash that said "One year more Fabulous". She had meantioned a crown or something, but I found this cute hat with the same button. Pink isn't her color, but she wore them with pride anyway. I also put a button on her that said "kiss me, it's my birthday". It's fun to see Chelsea having fun with her friends. She really has a great group of friends. As soon as we got home, she took off again with her friends to a local festival. She's growing up and is showing her independence. She is growing up into a beautiful young lady.












Lauren and Lauren sharing their version of "Ode to a Bundt Cake"




1 comment:

Heather said...

She looks so happy and young and innocent. Just think, I got married when I was her age. Puts things in perspective a little bit. Miss you tons.