Saturday, October 29, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

We headed to St. George this weekend for a lot of reasons, for holiday fun, and to celebrate a couple of birthdays. My grandma Alldredge turned 90 on October 27th and my mom celebrated her birthday on the 28th. My sister came up from San Diego and my brother recently moved back home from Virginia so it was a great family event. We arrived Friday afternoon and headed over to my mom's school with a ridiculous crown and cookies to share with her class. Just as we were walking over to the school we heard the fire drill bell. We found her class lined up outside on the playground. She was indeed surprised to see us all there and then blamed me on the fire drill (because the last time I was at Coronado HS there was the hard lock down). Anyway, we took the cookies into her class and sang Happy Birthday with her class. After school let out we all headed out to Warner Valley for a little birthday, 4-wheeling, family time. It was such a perfect day to be outside.




Saturday we went to my grandma's house for her birthday open house. It was fun to visit with aunts and uncles there. We are so blessed with such a great family. We had a family dinner and sang to her. After the birthday song someone added "and many more", it was funny to see my grandma roll her eyes. I don't think she is sharing the same idea. We got to visit with all 3 of our grandma's this weekend. Cord kept telling me he had 4 grandmas. I was trying to explain that he was blessed to have known 4 grandmas but that grandma gum died last year. He replied, "So the bad news is, I had 4 grandmas, 1 died, so now I have 3 grandmas?". Yes, I guess that is bad news and he is a genius with his math facts.



No comments: