Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Price of beauty

In an effort to help the girls be more conscious about money, I decided that when it came to buying to school clothes, I would give them the cash to spend however they wanted to. I told them they could choose to buy a few expensive things or several cheaper things but when the money was gone, it was gone and that was all they would get for school clothes. Chelsea asked if she could go shopping with her friend. I guess she's at that age when it's funner to shop with friends than mom so I said yes. She was super excited when she came home to show me her new things, including her new school shoes.....

Now, I'll admit, they are cute, but practical for walking all around school???? I just rolled my eyes. But I did say she could do whatever she wanted with her money. She did a good job spending the rest of it and got several cute things. Chelsea said she liked having the cash and was more aware of how expensive things were and how to spend it so I guess the lesson was successful.

She wore the shoes the first day of school and looked fabulous. She even got lots of compliments. Her feet hurt "a little" but she didn't care and still loved her new shoes. She also wore them the 2nd day with a few bandaids placed in strategic places. This morning she opted for more practical shoes like her converse. Her poor feet! I guess sometimes you have to pay the price to be beautiful. (You can't see all her blisters but you get the idea - OUCH)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh wow, that looks so painful. i would toss those and slip into some birks asap.