That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger
Sunday, April 24, 2011
More Easter Festivities
I love Easter. I love dressing up my kids in new outfits for church, I love the egg hunts, and I love a big ham dinner with family. We went to church with our McKelleb cousins and enjoyed a wonderful program to remind us what Easter is all about. It was fun to see Aunt Susie doing stickers with Cord during the program and I loved seeing my son pass the sacrament with his cousin. Afterwards we headed to Grandma's to enjoy dinner with our Alldredge cousins. It was another beautiful day and we were blessed to eat outside. We also enjoyed seeing Great Grandma Alldredge, and Grandma & Grandpa McKelleb as well as our Alldredge Grandparents. Thanks to grandpa for leaving his grass super long which made it perfect for egg hiding. Cord had a dry run before the cousins got there as he looked for the real eggs that the Easter Bunny hid. It was strange that Cameron seemed to know all the bunny's hidding places. hmmmm. All the cousins were excited to find the plastic eggs because some of them "jiggled" with coins. The older kids were smart enough to shake the egg before they claimed it as theirs but it's wierd that the younger kids seemed to end up with the most money. Anyway, a good time was had by all. Just as soon as the dinner was cleaned up and we were heading inside, the storm clouds rolled in followed by the rain. Our timing was perfect, just like our weekend. It was a shame to head home and go back to the reality of work and school.
No comments:
Post a Comment