Sunday, May 23, 2010

Girls Night Out

I've been looking forward to this night for awhile. Brenda and Megan came down to join us for a girls night out. We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. The only word to describe this is....YUMMY! It was almost painful to choose a cheesecake for dessert though; there were two pages of options. After dinner we wandered around "The District" where the girls found some cute clothes to try on. Then we headed to the Orleans for the Carrie Underwood concert. I was so excited that I left my camera in Brenda's car. Chelsea got some good pictures and videos until her camera died. There were a couple of opening acts before Carrie. The first was Son's of Sylvia. Chelsea really enjoyed them but the rest of us didn't. Then came Craig Morgan. I hadn't heard his name before, but was surprised that I recognized many of his songs from the radio. He had an amazing voice. Then came Carrie Underwood. She did not disappoint! We loved seeing her in Boston and loved her even more in Vegas. So many different things going on. My favorite was when she got on her blue truck which took off flying across the arena. I also enjoyed her virtual duet with Randy Travis. All of us girls had a good time singing and claping to the music. We may have even gotten a little crazy, just a little. OK, we did stand up for the last couple of songs but someone else had stolen our idea of yelling "WE LOVE YOU CARRIE", after EVERY song so how can you compete with that? Brenda and Megan spent the night and then drove home early this morning. We loved having them here with us!





She seemed to be in the air alot during the concert. From the center stage moving up and down, to this swing, and the flying truck. Hopefully she doesn't have a fear of heights. I was impressed she could keep her balance even in high heels.

1 comment:

Colby & Brenda said...

We had such a great time! Can hardly wait to do it again. (who should we see??? Garth??) anyway, thanks for the awesome night. I'll be stealing pictures soon.